The Cape Vincent Community Library seeks a part-time Library Director to manage all aspects of library operation, including fiscal management, fundraising, grant writing, programming, supervision of staff, collection development, reference work and building maintenance. The Library Director works in close cooperation with the Board of Trustees and the Friends of the Library. Some evening and weekend hours are required. Position to start January 1, 2018.
Required qualifications include:
• Two years of college or its equivalent,
• strong oral and written skills,
• outgoing and energetic personality when dealing with all ages,
• ability to develop strong working relationships with staff, volunteers, board members, and the public,
• basic fiscal management and budgeting skills,
• commitment to public service,
• strong computer skills including internet and database search skills,
• willingness to travel to Watertown for workshops and meetings several times per year.
Apply by: September 30, 2017.
Send cover letter, resume, and names/phone numbers of three professional references to Search Committee, P.O. Box 122, Cape Vincent, NY 13618. EOE