1. To assemble, preserve and administer a collection of books, nonprint, and electronic materials in order to promote the enrichment and education of the lives of citizens of Cape Vincent and the surrounding areas.
2. To serve the community as a general center for current reliable information.
3. To provide resources for informed public opinion, personal recreation, and education.
4. To support civic and cultural activities of groups and organizations.
5. To support groups and programs whose primary goal is the eradication of illiteracy.
6. To seek and identify community needs, provide programs to meet such needs and to cooperate with other organizations that can provide programs or services to meet such needs.